Nokesvillein Prince William County is the center of a farming community with cattle and dairy farms; it became a town and intermediate stop on the Orange & Alexandria Railway in 1865. In the late 19th century–early 20th century, Nokesville was the location of a religious movement called the German Baptist Brethren, which became known as the Church of the Brethren. In the 1950s, it was cut off from passenger trains and remains a rural community today.
The town offers minimal shopping, but excellent scenery. Nokesville Park offers jogging trails, an equestrian ring, picnic areas, baseball and soccer fields, and a playground.