Southbridge on the Potomac (Also know as Wayside Village) is a master-planned community of more than 1,500 (Single Family and Townhomes) located in Prince William County, Virginia. It is situated on over 600 heavily wooded acres near the Potomac River on the Cherry Hill Peninsula.
Southbridge features a private swim and racquet club with pools, tennis courts, tot lots and nature trails. There is both a swim team and tennis pro within the community. Residents can also enjoy a multitude of activities within the community from Scrapbooking, Crafts, Community Parties, and much much more. Residents also can enjoy discounted memberships and greens fees at the Old Hickory Golf Club located in Woodbridge.
Southbridge is located within a few minutes of I-95 and Virginia Route 234, just off U.S. Route 1, making all the best that Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia have to offer easily accessible including historic sites and museums, sporting and cultural events, outdoor recreation, fine dining and shopping at Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center, Potomac Mills, or Tyson's Corner.
Southbridge is conveniently located with easy access to I-95,Viriginia Railway Express (VRE), and commuter bus routes. .
- It's a short trip from Southbridge to the commuter parking lot at Route 234 and US 1 to board the express commuter bus to the PENTAGON and WASHINGTON, DC
- The same parking lot is home to a SLUG LINE with rideshare opportunities to both the Pentagon and Washington, DC locations
- Quantico Marine Base, The Crossroads of the Marine Corp, is only 6 miles away and Ft Belvior, the Pentagon and other military installations in the greater DC area are within easy commuting distance
- A Virginia Railway Express station is planned to open at Cherry Hill in the future, making daily commutes within the Washington Capital Region even faster and more enjoyable.
- Dumfries Neighborhood Library- Dumfries Shopping Plaza
Swans Creek Elementary School, located within the community of Southbridge, is part of the Prince William County Public School System, which has been awarded the U.S. Senates Medallion of Excellence Award for Productivity and Quality.