HELPFUL TIPS TO PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR SALE
When selling a home it is very important to take the time and make your home the most appealing prior to listing it in the MLS. As a REALTOR, I can make suggestions during our initial appointment but here is a short list of things that can be done in preparation of getting your home on the market.
Here is a list of some low cost items to prepare your home for sale.
- Remove personal affects and clutter
- Paint moldings and walls (neutral color)
- Trim bushes so they don’t block windows and cut down on light.
- Buy a new doormat.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Put new doorknobs on your doors.
- Put a fresh seal coating on your driveway.
- Edge the grass around walks and trees.
- Keep your garden tools out of site.
- Put away toys and pet items.
- Buy a new mailbox or paint/stain existing one.
- Upgrade the outside lighting.
- Use warm, incandescent light bulbs for a homey feel.
- Polish or replace your house numbers.
- Clean your gutters.
- Buy new pillows for the sofa.
- Make a centerpiece for your table with fruit or artificial flowers.
- Replace heavy curtains with sheer ones that let in more light.
- Buy new towels.
- Organize closets.
If you are considering Selling Your Home and would like some additional information please contact Stacy Magid using the form below.